Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Monday 13 July 2015

Upcycling Pootling ♥

 
 
 
There's been a little bit of upcycling going on round our way this weekend -
two fun little makeovers in preparation for Megs wedding.
 
I bought this well loved suitcase on Ebay a few weeks ago and it has been patiently
 waiting in the spare room to be smartened up a bit for the big day.
 
 
Both the outside and inside certainly were in need of a little TLC,
 
 
so lovely hubby set to on the outside, what with that being more of a man type Pootle and all,
and he soon had it looking spick and span.
 
 
My job was to make the inside look a whole lot prettier and to turn it into the perfect
thing for Meg and Adams wedding cards to be placed in.
 
 
After a bit of wrestling, tucking and snipping I have to say I am very chuffed with the results
and I promise I shall be back with the ta-dah photo's after the big day has happened !
 
 
Second Ebay purchase of late is these very 'rustic' looking wooden steps.
Planned final destination is again the wedding but don't panic,
 I promise they will be much prettified with all sorts of lovelies by then !
 
 
Step 1 of the prettifying was getting them painted up and for this I thought I'd try
using an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
 I've seen a few things on Pinterest done with it so thought I'd give it a whirl.

 
Well, having read the little booklet that came with it and spending Saturday
 morning paint brush in hand, I am now desperately looking around
 the house to see what else I can paint !
 
It is, quite simply, amazing.
No sanding, no priming, no undercoating - nothing !
Just straight in to the job in hand,
and it dries in about an hour to boot.


It gives the most beautiful matt finish, pretty much with just one coat
and I am now on to the fun part of waxing, sanding and vintageyfying.
Photo's of the steps in full wedding mode will follow !
 


 
 Otto, of course, was a great help with both projects and only managed
 to get the very smallest blob of paint on his nose.
 
 
 
 

 

11 comments:

  1. I looooooooove this paint to and have used it for a few projects kate,your wedding projects are coming along nicely,love your blog by the way x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle, I am SO in love with it - anything that stands still long enough will be painted !! K xx

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to see this most stylish of weddings. Your daughter is so lucky to have such a talented mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Fiona, it has been an awful lot of fun preparing for it and I really can't believe it is now so nearly the big day ! K xx

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see what you're going to do with the steps. Even I am excited about Meg and Adam's wedding and I don't even know them, so how you're all feeling I just can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, bless you Mitzi _ I promise there will be photo's galore to follow ! K xx

      Delete
  4. I've been dying to try that paint but wasn't convinced it was as easy as everyone says - you might have just convinced me now though! Those steps look amazing now!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go Jill, it's fab ! K xx

      Delete
  5. All looks lovely Kate, always good to get some of the preparations out of the way and tick them off the list. We've upcycled some old ladders into a wedding arch for Becky and Tom's wedding. L Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds a lovely idea Anne ! We shall be bombarding everyone with photo's ! K xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely upcycles and the Annie Sloan paint is brilliant isn't it? Love it! Have a great weekend. Jxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥