Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Wednesday 4 September 2013

A summers evening...

 
  At the end of another beautiful day there's just time to water the garden - such a lovely way to spend a late summer evening.
 
 
  There's something very special about this time of the evening when everything is still and winding down at the end of the day.


  Last summer I think I had to water the garden literally just a couple of times, this
year its been lots.
 
 
  Everything has absolutely flourished...


 ...amazing crop of apples this year ...
 
 
...and I have so loved my little shady bench outside the back door this summer.
 
 
Job done ...
 
Heading inside now , bit of a decision to be made. I am so near finishing the big chunky blanket..


lots of ends to be sewn in
but which edging ?
 

A ruffly frill ( quite hard to photograph ! )...
 
 
or a little picot edge ?
 Have to say I'm leaning towards the picot at the moment..
 

1 comment:

  1. I love picot edging too but have just tried a new version. Pic on my blog. 6 trebles with 2 chain in between the third and fourth treble . Then slip stitch in next space from previous row. 6 trebles in next space and so on.... Picture shows it clearly on my blankie. It gives a soft zig zag.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥